For those new to me and my social job search, please take a moment to read ‘Hire Me. Seriously.’
At the time of writing, it’s been 2 months since I first sat down and penned my ‘hire me’ post. 8 weeks down the line and it feels like so much has happened – including what I’m looking for.
After much introspective thought and discussion with the fiancé, I’ve decided to focus my job search up north, with Leeds / York / Harrogate the preferred destinations.
Despite the fact that this long-considered option is intended to bring about a much better quality of life, the fact remains that I am still very much looking for a career move, not simply ‘a new job to facilitate a move up north’.
So to recap, this is what I am looking for:
* A social media / digital marketing / copywriting role that allows me the chance to work for / exposure to big brands.
* A business that is based in or around Leeds / York / Harrogate.
My dream, dream job (aside from playing up front for Spurs) would look something like this:
* Social media / digital marketing role within a great consumer brand OR as part of a friendly agency
* The opportunity to build, implement and maintain a diverse SM presence
* The opportunity to learn from experienced digital marketers as part of a friendly and passionate team
* Scope to take on other bits of digital marketing e.g. blogging, e-marketing, SEO etc.
* As much free coffee as I can drink.
* An eccentric dress code – military, spaceman, cowboys etc.
OK, so I might be pushing it with towards the end, but I really am all about branding, marketing and communication through digital channels – I love nothing more than engaging and connecting with people and growing business.
And if you’re reading this wondering what I can bring to the table, you could always check out my LinkedIn profile, but here’s a snapshot:
* Social Media – setting up branded presences on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogger, WordPress, YouTube, iTunes, Delicious. Community management and engagement
* Strong copywriting background (online & offline) including SEO
* External agency management
* Contract management / supplier negotiation
* Marketing planning
* E–marketing experience – building and sending emails to c. 30,000
* Web analytics (Google)
* Garageband / iMovie editing on Mac OS
I would like to think that I’m a nice gentleman to boot – I make good cups of tea and coffee, contribute a bit of fun to an office and have impeccable taste in music…
So calling all Yorkshire-based brands, agencies and businesses – I’m here, I’m motivated and I’m eager to take on a new challenge within your business – come and get me through one of the following…