Make no mistake: I love the company I work for. I’ve been lucky enough to work with some fantastic people; I’ve been given huge opportunities for personal growth; I’ve been mentored by some top guys and I have also had a lot of fun along the way. However, in perhaps one of the most introspective blog posts I’ve ever written, I’ve acknowledged that it’s time for a change.
I’m not unhappy with my current role in any way; the time has simply come to step outside my comfort zone, take on a new challenge and get stuck into a new opportunity. Whilst I have a rounded digital marketing skill-set, I believe that now is the time for organisations to really make use of social media. Twitter has gone from strength to strength over the past 2 years, proving many of the doubters wrong. If consumer brands don’t yet have a Facebook page, many people ask why.
Social media is here to stay – and I am PASSIONATE about it.
I’m very lucky to work for an incredible business that prides itself on its honesty and integrity. Having talked with management and the CEO, I’ve cleared things in my mind and decided that it is time for a new challenge – and I’m lucky to work for fantastic people that allow me to make this public. This freedom to openly express this interest has allowed me to be open, honest and start putting the feelers out – which for me personally, is a wonderful opportunity.
So here I am – at this bold, challenging and scary crossroads. It took a lot of thinking and a lot of courage to admit to myself that I need to challenge myself once again – but here I am. I will be blogging about the job search process over the next couple of months and keeping you all updated on how I’m getting on. But as we start, what am I looking for?
• Social media role within a great consumer brand OR as part of a friendly agency
• The opportunity to build, implement and maintain a diverse SM presence
• The opportunity to learn from experienced digital marketers as part of a friendly and passionate team
• Ideally, working somewhere in north London / north of London
• Scope to take on other bits of digital marketing e.g. blogging, e-marketing, SEO etc.
• As much free coffee as I can drink
• An eccentric dress code – military, spaceman, cowboys etc.
• A salary of £1 million.
OK, so the last three may be some facetious fun, but the rest is pretty much bang on the money! And if you’re reading this wondering what I can bring to the table, you could always check out my LinkedIn profile, but here’s a snapshot:
• Social Media – setting up branded presences on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogger, WordPress, YouTube, iTunes, Delicious. Community management and engagement
• Strong copywriting background (online & offline) including SEO
• E-marketing experience – building and sending emails to c. 30,000
• Web analytics (Google)
• Garageband / iMovie editing on Mac OS
Plus I’m a pretty nice guy (I like to think), can make excellent cups of tea, contribute a bit of fun to an office and have impeccable taste in music…
So here we go – I’ve officially kicked it off. I’m hoping that ‘putting myself out there’ doesn’t result in an overwhelming silence, but I’m taking the first step in looking for a new challenge. You can find me in the following places: